Jan 13, 2015

OMAHA! HARROGATE! GOTLAND! HUT!

A short post involving muggles exposed to yarny nonsense. 

Tomorrow is my birthday. This year, I decided that all I want is specific yarns for specific projects from my new obsession: Blacker Yarns. So I sent an email detailing such to the husband and the parents (have edited out all the links - for those new to the game, links are key to actually getting what you want):

Wish List:

Strokkur:
16 balls Norfolk horn
1 ball blacker classic Aran in turquoise
1 ball Hebridean/Manx Aran

Southwick:
19 balls Isles of Scilly Jacob guernsey

Epistrophy:
15 balls Castlemilk DK moorit
2 balls Cotswold DK

Harrogate:
18 balls Galway Aran

Dancette:
3 balls Gotland dark grey 4-ply
3 balls Gotland mid grey 4-ply

My dad opened the email while I was in his presence, and this was his reaction:

"What the...? What language is this?! STROKKUR! NORFOLK HORN! ARAN! MANX! HUT HUT HUT!"

My muggle dad truly believes yarn/pattern names would make for excellent football calls. It's hard to argue with him...

No comments: