May 22, 2012

I’m Baaaaack


Ah, the unscheduled blog hiatus. It happens to everyone (right?). Some time-munching event comes along that keeps you from writing for a bit of time, and then that bit of time turns into a chunk because jumping back in becomes more and more difficult as each day goes by. All of a sudden, you have 40 projects to discuss, and it just becomes so much more preferable to loaf on the couch, watching CSI reruns and knitting (or surfing rav) than dealing with updating that damn blog.

What was my time-munching event, you ask? We bought a house! Then we moved into said house! Then we unpacked (mostly)! Then there was a garden to deal with! I could keep going, but you get the picture. Husband and I are so happy in our new home. We have a lot of space, which is a huge improvement, as my stash was threatening to take over our old two-bedroom condo. Now, my stash has it’s own room, and it’s a big one! In fact, the bigness of the room has the effect of making my stash look teeny tiny:



 It’s like a child in her mom’s clothing - either she has to grow, or the clothes need to shrink. Since I can’t shrink the room… you know where I’m going with this.

The other big change is that we now have a yard - a big one. We have close to four acres, which is a lot more work than our previous zero acres. The previous owners worked their asses off landscaping and tending to the yard. We did our house shopping in the winter, so we only really saw the tip of the iceberg when it came to the beauty of the property. Once spring showed up, it was like weekly fireworks in the form of perennials and trees blooming. Check it out:



Even though the continuous weeding is slowly driving me to the brink of insanity, I am really excited to have a yard, a wooded area, many large flowerbeds and a big ol’ vegetable garden.  At the very least, sitting outside in the morning with my coffee and knitting to the sounds of songbirds and smells of “the country” is absolutely glorious.

I’ll get back on track with reporting on knitting, yarn, patterns and all that in the next post! 

2 comments:

Rainy Daisy said...

Forgiven. Congratulations on the house! We are on the brink of that same precipice...in fact, we just mailed our initial deposit check. EEEEEK! (Tell me this is the hardest part...) The photos are absolutely beautiful, and I'm a wee bit jealous of your crafty space.

Cheers!
Daisy

nelago said...

Congrats to you too! The two hardest parts were 1. waiting to hear back on an offer and 2. the wait between the offer being accepted and actually closing! But then, I'm not a terribly patient person ;)